In a Sea of Salt

there is only one me in this galaxy; i am an endangered species; yes sirree the whole world should revolve around me

Monday, September 1, 2008

[the burg]

These past 3 weeks have definitely been interesting. I have moved out on my own, I have started a new job and I am living in a new city, Warrensburg (in Missouri).

Living on my own has been fun and not so fun. Decorating our apartment, setting up our 72 gallon bow front salt water aquarium, full reef (for all you nerds out there) and dealing with my dogs separation anxiety, let alone living for the first time alone with my boyfriend, David.

Let's start with the apartment.
David and I have just about everything you could have ever hoped for for your first apartment. We got couches, tables, a bed, a BIG TV, bookshelves, a kitchen table, and a ton of kitchen appliances from my Mom and Dad (BIG THANKS!!!!!!! ^_^) We got knick knacks, books, other tables, lamps, other appliances, bathroom stuff, towels, baskets, etc from David's family (another big thanks!!) and my very favorite, from Amy, a 72 gallon salt tank. David and I finally got all of the fish in our tank and the rocks set up, I can't wait for everyone to see it. It looks like a chuck of the ocean was taken and put right here in our apartment.

Now for the bad parts. Our AC is broken and our ceiling leaks sometimes. Buying food is annoying and oh my, I took my parents cooking for me for granted. There are nights I don't even feel like moving... but when I lived at home, my parents wouldn't feel like moving but would cook for me anyway. I was spoiled.

Living in Warrensburg has been great on my gas though. I went 2 weeks without having to gas! How awesome is that?

Not to mention the very fabulous University 8 Cinema. It features the very best of white trash movie viewing entertainment.

The job is fun. Working there is definitely different than working at Miles. It is a smaller environment and everything has to be by the ten dollar rule. If it is over ten bucks, good luck getting someone to buy it. David and I have made VAST improvements on the store though, Nancy really likes us. Not making ten bucks an hour is going to suck though.

School sucks. Uhm.. That's all on that. It just sucks.

Well, I have more to say but I am lazy right now. I just got done reading 35 pages on research methods and how to apply it in a psychological study.... Gross. I'll write later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Quinn said...

yay!! You have a blog! Now I can comment :) I'm glad things are going fabulous for you! Miss you

September 2, 2008 at 3:28 AM  
Blogger Feiticiera said...

yeah, I remember when I first moved out on my own it was kinda scary/fun/weird all at the same time :)

Glad to hear it's going well overall though!

September 2, 2008 at 5:27 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

Hi Rachael! Man, high tech with the blog, cool! sorry school sucks, you'll have to elaborate some other time. I'm so proud of you being on your own! love, Aunt Annette

September 2, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home