In a Sea of Salt

there is only one me in this galaxy; i am an endangered species; yes sirree the whole world should revolve around me

Saturday, May 23, 2009

[the question]

I read a really great story called, "The Yellow Wallpaper." This specific short story really hit home on the reason as to why I chose psychology as a major and why I am so hellbent on studying psychopathology and psychosis. If anyone has 30 minutes to spare, I urge you to read this phenomenal story. You won't look at yellow wallpaper ever again!

In other news, I am quite tired. I have exhausted myself beyond repair at this point. Each morning I feel more restless than when I went to bed. Some nights I pass out because I am so tired.

Working on Dr. Carters stuff, working on my own homework, working on the group project, cleaning the house, taking care of animals -- ugh, it's all so much right now and I feel like exploding.

I think I freaked David out a little bit last week. Have you ever felt like jumping off of a bridge you are on, just to feel yourself falling? I was feeling a little depressed and told him that that's what I dreamt of the night before. I dreamt of falling and I felt so free in my dream. I think he interpreted it as me wanting to jump into traffic, but I interpreted it as me wanting to go sky diving -- to feel fear and excitement at the same time. The ultimate roller coaster. I at least need to try that indoor sky diving at the Schlitterbahn lol

David and I have had a little bit of trouble lately figuring out ways to keep us from being depressed and bored. I have been feeling more and more depressed the last few weeks but I think the stress of everything isn't really helping the situation. He is a little invested in evolution -- disregarding Intelligent Design has been his main focus for a while and I think it's kind of making him question what life is even all about. If we weren't created by some divine god what is the reason why we are here? Why do we live this life, only in the end to perish? I'm starting to get sucked into this mess and it's scaring me to realize that we all don't know where we are going when we are gone.... we are just... gone.

"To perpetuate is the task of life. To die is its law"--Jack London

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home