In a Sea of Salt

there is only one me in this galaxy; i am an endangered species; yes sirree the whole world should revolve around me

Monday, May 4, 2009

[weekends]

Usually, as sad as it is, I normally come home and spend the entire weekend with my mom, running around and doing errands with her. So, to make sure my Dad knows how much I love and appreciate him and everything he does for me, I came home to spend some time with him! I had a really good weekend!

Friday I got home around 9 and we ate a flavorwave chicken with steamed veggies YUM! He failed to flip the chicken and so it took a bit longer than usualy but it was DELISH none the less! He even bought a chocolate cheese cake! Then, we marinaded meat to make beef jerky!

Saturday Dad, Jim and I all went out to Larry's Greenhouse to get some flowers. We picked up some marigolds, a bee balm, some asters, gazonias, cosmos, cucumbers and some other flowers that look so pretty! We spent the afternoon planting them and waiting for our beef jerky to dry. (it took all of 15 hours or so!) We then got a pizza and we baked that and watched Employee of the Month.

Then, I spent most of my free time at home crocheting a blanket. I'm doing a tricolor blanket for my parent's living room. I picked out the PERFECT colors to match. I want to get the afgahn done before my mom gets back from Korea. :) I miss her a lot.

We woke up to find some rabbits had chewed up our freshly planted marigolds. DARN YOU RABBITS!

----

As of today, I have 3 finals left. I spent the (literally) last 14 hours working on a take home Research Design and Analysis final for my psychology class. Psychology stats are horrible, but pretty easy if you know what you're doing. It took me so long because I was double checking, doing problems twice, searching through my notes... etc... I am glad I didn't put it off until tomorrow because I would have never gotten done. Tomorrow, I am going to the library to check my answers on SPSS to make sure I computed all of the problems correctly. BLAH -- what a boring day.

Wednesday I have an Anthropology final, Thursday I have a learning final and Friday I have a music final a 8am.. HORRIBLE. BUT -- then the semester is over...

only to start 6 more weeks of school because I am in summer school. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

Hi There! Glad you had some quality time with your Dad - I'm sure he enjoyed it as much as you. Good luck on your finals!! LUVUMUCH!!!

May 6, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home